Kathie L. Russell is a trained Mediator who helps families, businesses, and individuals find permanent solutions to their disputes. Keep your civil case out of the courtroom with Kathie’s help.
What is Mediation?
Mediation is a procedure in which parties discuss their disputes with the assistance of a trained, impartial, third-person mediator who assists them in reaching a mutually satisfactory settlement rather than filing a court action. The mediator does not make any decisions and acts solely as a facilitator.
Meetings can be informal among the parties or a scheduled settlement conference. The dispute may either be pending in a court or potentially a dispute which may be filed in court.
Advantages of Working With a Mediator
- More affordable than court and quicker resolution
- A mediator is less expensive than a lawyer
- Neither party is required to be represented by an attorney
- Parties are able to make their own decisions which allows them to be creative in choosing their resolution
- Parties have control over the outcome
- Mediation is designed to focus on the needs of the parties
- Mediation is private and confidential – there are no spectators and The Settlement Agreement is the only record of the proceedings
- Mediation has a high satisfaction rate because settlements are reached based on a mutual agreement
- Mediators may offer their services outside of regular business hours
- It can help preserve relationships
Mediation at Russell & Associates
Kathie L. Russell has years of experience helping people find resolutions on the following topics:
- Commercial Transactions
- Personal Injury
- Workers Compensation
- Family Law including divorce, custody, etc.
- Contract Law
- Workplace Disputes
- Landlord/Tenant Disputes
- Issues dealing with the care of elderly patients
- Business Disputes
- Labor Relations
- Domestic Relations
- And more…
To learn more about our mediation services, please contact us today at 919-754-3904. We look forward to working with you.